With a variety of savings accounts and benefits, we make it easy for our customers to save money. Find out which account is right for you!
FNB First Savings
FNB First Savings
Any time is a good time to start a savings account! Whether you are saving for something special or just putting money aside for a rainy day, a First Savings account at FNB will help get you on your way.
Start saving today!
If you are a member of our FNB Check Plus Account , you may receive the following additional benefit to your savings account:
Bonus rate of interest (Rate subject to change at any time.)
- $50 minimum to open
- Competitive and variable rate of interest. Rate is subject to change at any time.
- Interest compounded daily and paid quarterly
- 6 withdrawals per month
- $1 per withdrawal thereafter
- Federal regulations limit the number of electronic debits (via telephone or internet) to six per month
- $3 monthly charge will be assessed on accounts with an daily minimum balance of less than $50
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
Kids 1st Club
Kids 1st Club
Now is the time to start teaching your kids about the importance of saving! With the Kids 1st Club at First National Bank of Waterloo, your kids can start learning the good financial habits they’ll need as adults.
- All kids ages 13 and under with an account at FNB are members of Kids 1st Club
- No minimum balance custodial savings
- Periodic newsletter
- Make a deposit at your favorite banking center and get a prize anytime during the month!
- Monthly drawing for grand prize
- Special events and contests
FNB Health Savings Account
In this world of ever-changing and increasing healthcare costs, many individuals and businesses are looking for a way to manage their costs. A Health Savings Account (HSA) not only helps you get a handle on rising health care costs, but provides a tax-advantaged way to save.
Contributions to an HSA are fully deductible. As long as the funds are used for qualified medical expenses, the distributions are tax-free.
How do you know if you are eligible? You must be able to answer YES to all of the following questions:
I am or will be covered by a qualified High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
I am not covered by any other health plan that is not an HDHP.
I am not enrolled in Medicare.
I may not be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
As sky-high medical bills become the norm, HSAs are also becoming a viable option for employers. An HSA allows your employees to set aside money, or have money set aside for them, tax-deferred.
HSAs are just another great benefit from the bank you know and trust!
To discuss HSAs in detail, whether for you personally or your business, please contact any banking center.
- No opening deposit required
- No monthly or annual fees
- Easily accessible with our FNB Health Savings Account debit card
- Free FNBonline Banking
- An HSA helps make your healthcare dollars go further by:
- Building your employee benefits
- Offering a low-cost approach to healthcare coverage
- Providing tax advantages
- Earning tax-deferred interest on funds
Savings Club Account
Whether you want to save some money for a wonderful vacation or to take some of the stress out of the holiday season, we have the account for you!
Simply tell us how much you want to set aside each month, and we will automatically transfer it for you. Or enjoy the freedom to deposit on your own as often as you would like. Then, we will send you a check for the amount you save, plus pay you interest!
Imagine what you could do with that extra cash!
- Make deposits with automatic transfer or coupon book
- No monthly fee
- Flexible – you decide how much to contribute
- Competitive interest rates
- FNB Christmas Club checks issued in October
- FNB Vacation Club checks issued in April
- FDIC insured
- If you save each payday, look how fast it adds up:
- $5 each payday = $130
- $10 each payday = $260
- $20 each payday = $520
- $50 each payday = $1,300
FNB Premier Money Market
Make the most of your money by putting it into a high yield Money Market Account from First National Bank of Waterloo.
Our tiered interest rates make sure that as your balance goes up, so does your rate of return. It’s a smart way to grow your savings.
- $1,000 minimum to open
- No monthly charge with a $2,500 daily minimum balance
- $10 monthly charge if balance falls below daily minimum balance
- Competitive interest earned on all balances
- Higher rates tiered to larger balances:
- $100,000 and above
- Variable interest rate that is subject to change at any time
- Third party checks, preauthorized or automatic transfers, electronic voice system, and Internet Banking are limited to a total of six transfers each month
- FDIC insured